“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
Our Holistic Approach
Metroplex Wellness and Counseling (MWC) consists of a team of committed practitioners dedicated to treating the whole person—body and soul. Our treatment modalities consist of professional counseling and therapy, the cutting-edge technology of Micro-Current Neurofeedback therapy, and empirically based mental health nutrition.
Our team aims to treat the whole person in order to help those we serve live healthy, fulfilled, and vibrant lives.
“Our human bodies, linked as they are to the whole web of life on earth and the life of the living God, are indeed ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’ (Ps. 139:14).”
John W. Kleinig
- Spiritual: Connecting all things wellness to the heart of worship. I Cor.10:31
- Embodiment: Incorporating principles that connect both body and soul to the process of change. I Thess. 5:23; Rom.12:1‐2
- Counseling: Offering both biblically and evidence‐based care. Prov. 3:13; Heb. 4:12
- Brain Care: Cutting‐edge treatment to improve overall physiology. I Cor. 6:19‐20
- Relationships: Cultivating relationships of beauty. Mk. 12:30‐31
- Nutritional Care: Improving relationship between body and food. I Cor. 10:31
- Gut Health: Pinpointing gut issues that impact mental wellness. Ps. 139:14
MICRO CURRENT NEUROFEEDBACK
Unlike traditional neurofeedback, Micro Current Neurofeedback produces fast results in a limited number of sessions, and the ease and simplicity of treatment all distinguish it from traditional neurofeedback. Micro Current Neurofeedback produces a measurable change in the brainwaves without conscious effort from the individual receiving the feedback. The result is a changed brainwave state and much greater ability for the brain and nervous system to regulate itself. Micro Current Neurofeedback is imperceptible to the client, and requires no conscious effort. Our experience shows that more than 85% of our clients observe a noticeable positive response in one to three sessions. Reported changes are generally enduring and sustainable.
It is undeniable that the food we put into our bodies has a significant impact on our mood and our energy levels. Supporting the gut by developing healthy habits of nutrition is a key element to addressing many counseling issues such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD. For more information on our nutrition services click here.