A Neurocognitive Psychospiritual Approach
Designed by Jeremy Lelek, Ph.D., Certified Biblical Counselor; Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional
According to www.anxietyhub.org eighteen percent of Americans currently suffer from an anxiety disorder. That is double the number of those suffering from mood disorders and almost six times as many as those who struggle with substance abuse disorders.
Following are common symptoms associated with anxiety.
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Feelings of panic, doom, or danger
- Sleep problems
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Cold, sweaty, numb, or tingling hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing faster and more quickly than normal (hyperventilation)
- Heart palpitations
- Dry mouth
- Tense muscles
- Thinking about a problem over and over again and unable to stop (rumination)
- Inability to concentrate
- Intensely or obsessively avoiding feared objects or places
What You Will Receive In Your Treatment:
The following treatment modalities will be incorporated in your treatment protocol for anxiety.
- Evidenced-Based Protocol: Anxiety treatment at Metroplex Counseling and Wellness will incorporate an evidenced based approach to treating anxiety that will provide clients empirically-based tools to address their varying anxiety issues.
- IASIS Microcurrent Neurofeedback Therapy: Metroplex Counseling and Wellness is the only counseling center in D/FW that offers cutting-edge treatment called IASIS Microcurrent Neurofeedback Therapy. This treatment has proven to be a powerful component to our clinical approach to anxiety. Learn more about IASIS here.
- Neuro-Cognitively Informed Treatment: Clients will receive a basic understanding of brain/neurological activity that contribute to anxiety symptomology and will be taught techniques to address these brain processes.
- Kingdom Oriented Treatment (Psycho-Spiritual): The most unique aspect of our anxiety treatment at Metroplex Counseling and Wellness is that we offer a robust psycho-spiritual approach to treatment. Individuals interested in incorporating faith into their care will learn how to connect the change process and transcendence while finding ultimate hope in God and the Gospel.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT): EFT is a universal healing aid that rebalances the body’s energy system with respect to unresolved emotional issues.
- HeartMath: HeartMath focuses on generating coherence by regulating your Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Regulation of HRV has proven to have significant positive impact on the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that is involved in creating anxiety issues. Elevating HRV increases para-sympathetic activity which helps the body move into a place of rest and digest (instead of fight/flight/freeze).